Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
switching database for use with $this->load->dbutil();

[eluser]Randy Casburn[/eluser]
Right...that's because I was wrong. Sorry.

Bad news. I looked at the code for the DB utils class and it reads your database.php default_group setting out of the config file and completely ignores any loaded databases. Therefore, you cannot backup any database that is not currently set as the default_group in the database.php config file.

The relevant code is on line 40 of DB_utils.php which makes reference to $CI->db that is set between lines 32 & 47 of DB.php.

I recommend you create your own work around or recommend a change to the core. They will take this up if it makes a difference to the community.

I will tell you from experience that multiple database issues don't get a lot of visibility. I'm not sure why. Most likely few of us are actually stressing that test I suppose.

Sorry for the bad news.

Randy

Messages In This Thread
switching database for use with $this->load->dbutil(); - by El Forum - 10-08-2008, 10:18 AM
switching database for use with $this->load->dbutil(); - by El Forum - 10-08-2008, 10:36 AM
switching database for use with $this->load->dbutil(); - by El Forum - 10-08-2008, 12:59 PM
switching database for use with $this->load->dbutil(); - by El Forum - 10-08-2008, 02:25 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB