Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How do you go from planning to deployment in a web application?

[eluser]darkhouse[/eluser]
My new year's resolution is to increase my productivity, decrease my development time, and "wrangle" each client/project so that everything is black and white, no gray areas. It looks like I just need to take more care during the planning and application design stage, which is what I thought I needed to do originally. I'm glad to know my current development process isn't that far off the mark.

There are a lot of great tips here, and I appreciate everyone's input. I'll definitely be looking into these various wireframe/flowchart apps.

[quote author="kgill" date="1230254432"]When we're spec'ing out a new system my co-workers and I will spend weeks with a whiteboard arguing over the data model making sure it is capable of doing everything we need it to, very rarely does it get changed once we've picked it apart like that.[/quote]

kgill: I'm sure your development division is a little more sophisticated than mine. If my team was to spend weeks defining a data structure, we'd go bankrupt, but I do see your point. Everything should be solid before development begins so that all developers are on the same page, and you eliminate any pitfalls before you run into them.

I love these suggestions. Keep 'em coming! Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
How do you go from planning to deployment in a web application? - by El Forum - 12-26-2008, 03:22 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB