Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
need to load multiple views without stacking..

[eluser]ramabodhi[/eluser]
hey all.. as of right now im using dreamweaver templates to control the content on different areas of my site while mainaining consistency.... i haven't gotton into loading multiple views such as header, body, footer separately..

in the news area i have a sidemenu with different topics/areas such as headline, world, us, etc...
so my issue is, say im at the uri news/view/by_date/recent

and the function view($method = 'default', $style = FALSE) calls different models (which make different query's, looking say by date, or topic, etc)..

from here it loads the view with $data which has the news query results..

the problem arises when i click a different buttun, say im at by_topic/world and the button directs to by_topic/US.. it them makes the query to find news articles tagged with 'US', then loads the same view, just with different data.. and i use the code in the view to handle the data..

how do i do this without the views stacking.. the only solution ive cooked up is to use redirects set to refresh in my view() function which load a SEPARATE function to handle view loading.. it sounds complicated.. id rather be able to use multiple view loads in one function, as the page itself is a cyclic function...

really its probably due to the fact that im going about designing the page all wrong, any advice?

Messages In This Thread
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-23-2009, 09:48 PM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-23-2009, 11:31 PM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 12:07 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 01:35 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 02:56 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 10:08 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 10:12 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 10:19 AM
need to load multiple views without stacking.. - by El Forum - 02-24-2009, 11:44 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB