Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
How to install CodeIgniter on my website that is registered to HostGator.

(03-30-2015, 04:43 PM)RobertSF Wrote: Roger Moore is right; the files should go in the public_html folder, but we inadvertently misled you. The developers put the Codeigniter files in a folder, folder which they then put in a zip file. So when you unzip the file to public_html, you wind up with a folder called Codeigniter-3.0rc3, if you uploaded Codeigniter 3.

For what it's worth, I find that practice, which is pretty widespread, very annoying because it makes unzipping the file more cumbersome than it should be. You can't just click on "Unzip to..."

Anyway, this picture should clarify what happened.
[Image: filemanager.gif]
Click for full size

So now what you need to do is drag Codeigniter's three folders and all the files you see in the right side panel to your public_html folder. But hold on...

Will you be using your hosted site for nothing but Codeigniter? Do you think you might also use WordPress or host other files some time? As you can see in my public_html, I have a whole bunch of other stuff. It can come in handy not to dedicate your hosted site to just one thing. So if you will be using your site for just Codeigniter, then drag the folders and files as I said above.

If you want to keep your options open for other things, then all you have to do is rename the Codeigniter-3.0rc3 folder to something more conveniently shorter, like ci3. If you do that, then you will access your Codeigniter application with the URL http://www.example.com/ci3.

Okay, sorry about the confusion, and I hope that helps. Smile

I'm going to be using my website for making a filesharing site. Here is what I'm trying to work on: http://code.tutsplus.com/tutorials/creat...--net-3534

Messages In This Thread
RE: How to install CodeIgniter on my website that is registered to HostGator. - by JPR2473 - 03-31-2015, 05:38 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB