Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice

[eluser]Jonas G[/eluser]
In response to your original question: I have been working quite a bit with modx and CI. It's basically all I work with now-a-days. I decide between the two by looking at the level of "freedom" i want vs. the level of "prebuilt stuff" i could benefit from (actually modx gives you A LOT of freedom still). It pretty much always comes down to who needs to manage it (is it a project for myself or is it a site for a client). If it's for a client I always go for modx as it has so many CMS features and writing your own snippets/plugins and working with the modx api is very easy and straigtforward. Also, modx really does allow you to easily control every single output of code.

I have been working quite a bit with Joomla and after switching to modx I would never dream of touching it again.

Messages In This Thread
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-06-2009, 10:10 AM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-07-2009, 01:48 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 11:53 AM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 12:04 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 12:56 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 02:46 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 03:50 PM
asp.net developer - new to the OS scene - need advice - by El Forum - 03-09-2009, 04:00 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB