Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Quote:However, I must ask, why would you want to do this? Surely you have a production site, and a development site, no?

I was thinking about why you'd do this, and concluded that it might be handy for testing, if you have an extra machine (even a VM). You could hit your site from your development machine to make sure it looks okay, and easily flick over to the same page *with profiling* from the other machine. Similarly, identifying (and forcing profiling) based on browser identification.

I guess it'd be good where you have several developers, especially where one was responsible for the SQL calls, say, while the others were more interested in functionality / aesthetics.

Messages In This Thread
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 05:25 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:04 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:22 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-22-2009, 06:41 PM
post_controller_constructor get_instance issues - by El Forum - 03-23-2009, 12:03 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB