Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Reading EXIF data from within PHP is the easy bit. Writing it back again is impossible AFAIK (I looked for this a while ago, as I wanted to create cache images on the fly, and replicate the whole EXIF data into them). You can of course do system() calls out to binaries, and this is what I ended up doing.

This comes down to what operating system you're running more than anything else. If you've got a real OS, it's very easy. I use ImageMagick's convert , which seems to copy across the whole EXIF chunk as it goes. And I use Guido Vollbeding's exifautotran to transform and convert orientation back to '1' (top-left).

Messages In This Thread
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-02-2009, 10:32 AM
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-02-2009, 10:44 AM
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-02-2009, 10:53 AM
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-02-2009, 10:55 AM
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-02-2009, 11:19 AM
image turning from portrait to landscape when resizing - by El Forum - 04-08-2009, 02:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB