Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Should I check for errors after DB updates ?

[eluser]TheFuzzy0ne[/eluser]
It depends. The error messages that CodeIgniter would display automatically, are things like errors in syntax, or errors returned directly by the database platform. This is the way that the database library has been designed, but of course, there's nothing saying you have to use that at all. You can do it procedurally, or you can use another library, so yes, you can catch errors at that level, but only if you bypass the database library completely.

In essence, what I'm saying is that I personally only check for rows affected when I've done a delete or update operation. When I insert, it's generally only one row at a time, so if an error wasn't detected by the library, and displayed to the user, then we can assume our insert operation was successful.

Hopefully that makes sense.

Messages In This Thread
Should I check for errors after DB updates ? - by El Forum - 05-29-2009, 10:16 AM
Should I check for errors after DB updates ? - by El Forum - 05-29-2009, 11:21 AM
Should I check for errors after DB updates ? - by El Forum - 05-29-2009, 12:36 PM
Should I check for errors after DB updates ? - by El Forum - 05-29-2009, 12:46 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB