Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html

[eluser]joneslee[/eluser]
After working with CI for few months, I realized that it's quite time-consuming to convert all static pages into MVC model because designers who works with me do not know what CI is nor what PHP is. So all they do is everything into /public_html (By taking advantage of mod_rewrite and set $config['index_page']='' in config.php). Only pages with dynamic content will be put into Views folder. I could see the pros is that designers do not need to know code to work with the system and less time for me to maintain those static pages. I would love to hear opinion from all experts out on how bad of doing so and is there a better way to solve this inconsistency?

Many thanks

Messages In This Thread
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html - by El Forum - 06-11-2009, 06:59 PM
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html - by El Forum - 06-11-2009, 07:29 PM
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html - by El Forum - 08-12-2009, 12:53 PM
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html - by El Forum - 08-12-2009, 01:49 PM
Pros and Cons of Putting Static HTML into /public_html - by El Forum - 08-12-2009, 06:54 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB