Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Running a Database on a Live Public Server?

[eluser]crispinatari[/eluser]
So just say i'm working with codeigniter and a database that runs on a usb uniserver, where the database usr/bin files are already set up with phpmyadmin and sqlyog, when i transition that site to a live server i dont actually use the uniserver aka eg. (wamp, xamp) folders, its only the CI (Code Ingiter) folder and the database i set up by creating an sql dump until i manage to get the sql dump (of the database i worked on in sqlyog) to work properly through my database on the live server? (just imagine it as a work or school server)

because its taken me all day just to configure the sql dump so it works.

weird thing is when i execute the dump file it changes the sqldump file to mydatabase and piwik and the sql file becomes huge!! ..

so im a little lost on the logic of (A) the transition of localhost database to live server and (b) how the sql dump works and how you execute it to run properly.

Code:
CODE:
cd /home/myhome/public_html

Code:
mysqldump --opt -u dbuser -p dbname> mydbname.sql
password:

Code:
source mydbname.sql

once that is executed how does the dump file of the actual database i want to work with come into the picture? just say i have a website set up in a public_html folder how do i now access and run my EMPLOYEE TABLE.sql?

using an SSH shell command line for instance....

Messages In This Thread
Running a Database on a Live Public Server? - by El Forum - 07-06-2009, 11:34 PM
Running a Database on a Live Public Server? - by El Forum - 07-07-2009, 12:09 AM
Running a Database on a Live Public Server? - by El Forum - 07-07-2009, 05:36 AM
Running a Database on a Live Public Server? - by El Forum - 07-07-2009, 05:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB