Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates

[eluser]Mareshal[/eluser]
I was studying today, cake php release dates(damn, I can't find them again). I saw they are know how to "sell they product". Even is many tests CI is much much better than cake, I think cake is widely used due to their marketing technique. CI 1.7.1 was released on 10 february 2009, and now CI 1.7.2 is under development.

CakePHP is "selling" a new version, even if is a minor one, at least one every 2 months, and this makes them a dynamic team. But when someone comes on codeigniter.com and see "10 february 2009", what he thinks? "Damn, this guys forgot to update their site and keep an old code here.". Why now make some minor releases, 1.7.168 , after a few bugs fixed, 1.7.193 and so on. Instead of telling users to take the new version from svn why don't you put to download a new version?

Honestly I would like to do this. I could take CI everytime after a revision is made and put for download, but I don't know where and how, to make it available to any visitor which comes on CI. Because if I make a new post, no one will give a s**t for it.

Thanks

Messages In This Thread
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates - by El Forum - 09-03-2009, 11:24 AM
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates - by El Forum - 09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates - by El Forum - 09-03-2009, 12:26 PM
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates - by El Forum - 09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Comparing CakePHP and CI release dates - by El Forum - 09-04-2009, 03:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB