Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I've decided to try Netbeans, spent about an hour with it at home and only had one problem the whole day.

I did have a problem getting xdebug setup, but I didn't spend enough time on it to see what was up. Thanks for the offer attos, I'll take you up on it if I can't sort it out.

I was pleasantly surprised how non-crappy it was...LOL. I remember using sun's ide for java years ago, and what a difference a few years has made. That thing took unbelievable amounts of time to load (run it and take a break for the next 5 minutes to get it to start), was kludgey and buggy, it made me wonder why anyone would build a complicated application in Java at all.

I love seeing progress. I also noticed a plugin for git as well as native support for SVN and others, and I like the idea of the code expanding option. I'm going to try to spare some time to play around with it, but the deal-breaker is going to be xdebug - debugging has to work really well for me to consider switching.

Messages In This Thread
IDE's with debuggers that actually work with CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 08:38 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB