Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
Basically everything said here already is correct. I would only add that its entirely a matter of how your program works. So far I've only ever used one controller, simply because I don't really have very many 'pages' - usually only about 10-30 and they are generally lightweight, with most of the lines of code being in model functions and controllers. Just haven't needed to split things up.

However as an application grows in features and becomes more complex, you'll want to be able to look at the name of the controller class and go 'ah yes, that must be where that function is'...so if you want a message function you would expect to look in some sort of message-sounding class, etc.

Messages In This Thread
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 02:51 AM
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 02:55 AM
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 03:00 AM
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 08:28 AM
Logic of controllers and how to seperate them - by El Forum - 09-09-2009, 09:42 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB