Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What's your approach to developing applications?

[eluser]BrianDHall[/eluser]
I seem to have gotten the best results with focusing on the "user experience" - even to the point of faking the real behind the scenes operations of programs to get the user experience and activities pretty well in place.

Reason being, too many times I've done all the behind the scenes work and back-end functionality, only to to need to rewrite much of it because of discoveries made during the front-end creation. As a for instance, in my present project I had a login screen, an account creation screen, and a listing creation screen. Fine, right? But to minimze the steps needed to make a purchase I needed to shove all three onto a single page - the result being I needed to change how the functions themselves really worked so that everything was associated correctly and there would be no orphaned accounts or listings.

For me now I focus on presenting a "seems like it works" front-end application, minus the fancy polish and styling, and then go from there. Its not really what I really like, its just that I hate doing something only to have to redo it multiple times.

Messages In This Thread
What's your approach to developing applications? - by El Forum - 10-03-2009, 09:11 AM
What's your approach to developing applications? - by El Forum - 10-03-2009, 05:32 PM
What's your approach to developing applications? - by El Forum - 10-03-2009, 06:28 PM
What's your approach to developing applications? - by El Forum - 10-04-2009, 01:21 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB