Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Choosing CodeIgniter

[eluser]happyeddie[/eluser]
I'm looking into using CodeIgniter for a large project I'm about to start. The two main parts of the system are:

A) The ability to choose a database depending on the user - So instead of declaring a database in config, save the database name in a session and use the data in the session to load a particular database. To make it a bit more clear, say I have 4 database's each with the same schema, so database red, yellow, blue, green. And when the user logs in a session is saved saying that this user uses database 'red'.
And in the model I can then say load database 'red'.

B) Multilingual - Is there an easy way, and if possible, to have different views with different languages (english, french, german) and have the controller and model use the one script for each language (reducing duplication). Would the best way to do this as follow:?

Views:
(en)
(fr)
(de)
So basically I want to have multilingual support but not have to replicate all the code.

Is all this relatively easy to do with codeigniter? or any design ideas you can recommend in achieving the above solutions.

Many thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Choosing CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 11-13-2009, 10:29 AM
Choosing CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 11-13-2009, 12:27 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB