Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Nested View: Pass variable so that correct query results returned

[eluser]jedd[/eluser]
Ahh .. good. Cos I'm right on the edge of what I'm comfortable with - but there are plenty of other people around here who can pop in with some insights if you get stuck a bit further on.

I'm starting to do some work with jQuery and tabs & accordions at the moment, but having mixed success. So far I've been okay with reloading the page, as I want to have portable (REST-ish) URL's - but I'm about to start pushing this stuff into a site where I don't care about the URL, and prefer the responsiveness of updating each tab on the fly.

If you check the [url="/wiki/FAQ"]FAQ[/url] here you'll see there's one bit about AJAX - and it's worth experimenting with that code partial in there, so that your controllers can be smart about what kind of data they return, based on who is asking them. As you say, there are plenty of code examples floating about - so while it can get a touch complicated, at least you have the benefit of walking down a well-trodden path.

Messages In This Thread
Nested View: Pass variable so that correct query results returned - by El Forum - 12-17-2009, 01:46 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB