Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Just Launched My 200th Site On A Single CodeIgniter Installation

[eluser]Jay Logan[/eluser]
Just one app that responds differently based on the domains. Each domain is a separate hosting account under my reseller plan with HostGator. This is so I can benefit from the different IP's in which they assign (SEO purposes). I think they are now distributing me 6 different IP's.

On my primary domain is where CI is. Every other site simply has an index.php with the following code:

Code:
<?php
include('/home/username/www/index.php');
?>

I think I had to set certain files or folders to have certain permissions. Can't remember exactly what though.

Routing is controlled via a database so I can create SEO friendly URL's easily. I can even give the illusion of HTML, PHP, ASP, or whatever file extensions I want. It doesn't matter.

There are lots of other little cool things like the API, dynamic breadcrumbs, I load the Zend framework to use GData and automatically add sites to my Google Webmaster Tools, I have a library that creates the accounts in cPanel and lots of other stuff. I just wish I was better with AJAX and web design because I'm using a template for the backend that I've just outgrown.

I'm more than willing to share code if anybody is interested. Holler at me.

Messages In This Thread
Just Launched My 200th Site On A Single CodeIgniter Installation - by El Forum - 12-18-2009, 10:45 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB