Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Form validation in same page / url

[eluser]Pintossauro[/eluser]
Hi all,

In my application i have Projects that can have Tasks. I created a form to add a Task in a Project. I also configured routes.php:

Code:
$route['([0-9]+)/tasks/add'] = "task/add/$1";

(the first argument is the project id) and i have a link in the projects page:

Code:
anchor($project_id.'/tasks/add', 'Add new task')

With this the user will be redirected to my <b>add($project_id)</b> function in my Task controller which will load the 'task/add' view with the correspondent project information and the form to add the new task (the url in the browser will still be, e.g., "4/tasks/add").

Then when the user submits his information i have a function <b>"insert_task"</b> in my Task controller that validates the data.

If all OK insert data in the database and load the view with the list of tasks in the project. If not i wanted the user to see
the <b>'4/tasks/add'</b> view again with the errors but if i do <b>$this->load->view('task/add')</b> like i did in my function "add" the url will be <b>.../index.php/task/insert_task </b> and not <b>../index.php/4/tasks/add</b> as i wanted.

Maybe i'm not understanding the MVC pattern correctly or am i using two functions (add - to load the form view - and insert_task - to validate and insert the task in
the DB) when not necessary.

Does someone have an suggestion how to solve this?

Thanks for your attention,
Pintossauro.

Messages In This Thread
Form validation in same page / url - by El Forum - 03-05-2010, 06:17 AM
Form validation in same page / url - by El Forum - 03-05-2010, 08:12 AM
Form validation in same page / url - by El Forum - 03-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB