Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CMS with a Publishing Layer

[eluser]BradEstey[/eluser]
I'm getting ready to write a new CMS system with a lot of new time saving features, like batch editing and record duplication, etc. This new CMS will have a built-in permissions system where I can manage which users have access to manage what sections. My main problem at the moment is that I'd like to give some users access to add and edit records in certain sections, but the changes need to be approved by me before they get published to the site.

This is more of a Database organization question than a code question, but maybe there's a CodeIgniter helper or something.... All of the sections have different fields and structures so it wouldn't work to have one table in the database to track the changes for all of these sections. Nor do I want to create a changes table for every table or create new records for every change.

Has anyone here created a solution like is before? At the moment, I'm thinking my best option is to create temporary .txt files on the server with an array of the changes or something like that...Maybe temporary tables in the database... I'm really not sure how to approach this.

Messages In This Thread
CMS with a Publishing Layer - by El Forum - 04-26-2010, 10:44 PM
CMS with a Publishing Layer - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 02:21 AM
CMS with a Publishing Layer - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 02:23 AM
CMS with a Publishing Layer - by El Forum - 04-27-2010, 02:44 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB