Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Code igniter installation - Can't get past the first welcome page

[eluser]pickupman[/eluser]
[quote author="bruceb" date="1276383827"]
I also thought that this framework is like Adobe Dreamweaver where once files are done, they are to be ported over to the actual web-server. However, if again I am not incorrect, CI framework is to reside on the web-server and will act as backbone for the website and one can develop on top of it like it is a canvas as mentioned in this thread.[/quote]

Dreamweaver doesn't care what the code is. If you setup a project to automatically upload on save, it will do it. Or if you use the synchronize feature, Dreamweaver compares directories, and will upload any file newer than what's on the server. I used to Dreamweaver on my CI sites with no problems.

Yes, PyroCMS is a good prebuilt CMS for CodeIgniter. I have not used it on a final site, but have played around with it, and read through some of the code. Works very well, and it's pretty easy to setup. It's provides alot of features for you, and simple enough that you can extend/add to its features.

Messages In This Thread
Code igniter installation - Can't get past the first welcome page - by El Forum - 06-12-2010, 07:49 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB