Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Multiple Application parts

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
I have a slightly complex problem that I have been searching around for for a bit have yet to find any solutions.

Basically I am planning on building myself a new CMS which I want to be extendible with modules. When it comes to installing a module I don't want to require the user to do anything except upload the folder into the modules folder.

I then want a module to almost be it's own little application in a folder. It needs to have its own routes, controllers, views, models and even libraries.

I think I have in my head how I would do the routes, but somehow I need to have the system understand when looking for a controller, model and library to check all the different folders within all the modules available.

Does what I am trying to do sound sane and if it does, how would you go about hooking this into the system? I have been through the loader and the load functions being used and I can think of a couple of ways but all my methods seem very hacky and I wonder if anyone has any bright ideas.

Thanks for any help.

Messages In This Thread
Multiple Application parts - by El Forum - 07-02-2010, 07:42 AM
Multiple Application parts - by El Forum - 07-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Multiple Application parts - by El Forum - 07-02-2010, 08:09 AM
Multiple Application parts - by El Forum - 07-02-2010, 09:08 PM
Multiple Application parts - by El Forum - 07-02-2010, 09:10 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB