Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI 2.0: sessions

[eluser]diostm[/eluser]
Hello!

I was creating my own authorization Model, and I needed to use sessions to store user data in it.

I was a little bit surprised, because CI don't use PHP native sessions, but it uses cookies.

But there is one thing that disturbs me: "Session" don't expire when browser is closed. Temporary solution is to set "sessions" expire time to 5 minutes and update it when it is necessary(less then a minute for example). But I find this decision not sexy. Update on every step is too not very sexy decision too.

Flashdata using is not the right solution too, because when I open my web browser and go to the web page, which updates flashdata (using $this->session->keep_flashdata('item')).

The main problem of my temporary decision is that I was forced(may be I'm wrong?) to use global preferences to set "sessions" expire time to 5 minutes in application/comfigs/config.php. The problem is that my application need cookies for other goals and I have to use cookie helpers functions to use this features.

And also there may be other problems with it... Is there any possibilities to set a local configs(just for this model for example)?

Messages In This Thread
CI 2.0: sessions - by El Forum - 07-28-2010, 03:09 PM
CI 2.0: sessions - by El Forum - 07-28-2010, 03:47 PM
CI 2.0: sessions - by El Forum - 07-28-2010, 03:53 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB