Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
DX_AUTH Bug

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Hi every body,

In library dx_auth i found a kind of bug, this is about the use of crypt() algorithm. When i was install this autentication library for the very first time, i do it at a linux machine (Debian OS), then, while i got a new job, my old machine was relegated to his box, then i move all my stuff to a mac book with OS 10.6.4 (Snow Leopard), and i try to use my old user-password combination but, oh surpirise, they didn't work.

I was trying to figuring out what the hell was happening and i didn't understand anything, well, all answers pointed to my stupidity, but i'm not this kind of stupid person.

I opened the source code and I decided to inspect, WTF is going on. I found a function, the crypt function. I realized that this function works in a different way on three of most popular operating systems: Linux, Mac OS and Windows, why? i don't know, but they result hashes aren't the same although is the same function.

Well, i think i found a solution, after some testings i decided to switch the crypt() to sha1() algorithm. Sha1 works in the same way at the three OS that i've mentioned. I switched the algorithm at every method where crypt was used for sha1.

If you please i can post the library with this modification.

I hope some one want to watch the modification to clarify doubts or replies about this post...

Messages In This Thread
DX_AUTH Bug - by El Forum - 08-13-2010, 10:44 PM
DX_AUTH Bug - by El Forum - 08-14-2010, 02:22 AM
DX_AUTH Bug - by El Forum - 08-26-2010, 05:29 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB