Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Dynamic Configuration from Database Instead of Config File

[eluser]Vheissu[/eluser]
Before I ask my question, I used the search and tried myself to do this, but I guess my Codeigniter-fu just isn't up to scratch just yet. Anyway...

I am developing a modular, themeable open source CMS which is using an SQLite database and the aim is for it to require almost zero configuration except for a site name and the url. I don't want users to have to edit a config file because lets face it, a lot of people are stupid and I work in web development so I probably encounter these people more often than others.

How do I make it so that I can fetch certain config values from my database as opposed to using a config file? I would imagine I would have to create a custom MY_Config to fetch the values from the database, but how would I get CI to look for the site url, site name etc from my database instead?

Please keep in mind that I am using an SQLite 3 database and not a MySQL database. I am also using the latest version of Codeigniter 2 if that helps.

Messages In This Thread
Dynamic Configuration from Database Instead of Config File - by El Forum - 10-06-2010, 04:35 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB