Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI

[eluser]Frank V[/eluser]
In most framework unit testing implementations, you have a set of a tests and you execute those tests from a single [console] command. The tests run and a result is given. That result varies but generally it includes pass / fail.

CI's unit testing framework appears different and I have noticed an extensive collection of random tack-on-projects to either enhance or replace the CI unit testing framework.

My question is this: What is the intended work flow or use of the unit testing framework built in to CI?

I read the documentation; I get it. It's a simple class. But where does one utilize the class?

For example, do all the tests go in to a single "test" controller? Or do the tests get intermingled in to each controller? Then there is the question of the models and custom helpers...

Thanks for the guidance!

Regards,
Frank

Messages In This Thread
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-09-2010, 08:34 PM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-11-2010, 09:38 AM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-11-2010, 01:01 PM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-11-2010, 01:37 PM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-11-2010, 03:51 PM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-11-2010, 06:26 PM
Intended use of the Unit Testing built in to CI - by El Forum - 11-12-2010, 03:08 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB