Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error.

[eluser]Shawty[/eluser]
You know what Guys, Sometimes when you sit staring at a problem for ages and ages and you just can't see the wood for the trees. :-)

This has had me going round in circles for best part of the last 5 days and Bart hits the nail right on the head.

I'd set up a seperate database until I was sure that everything in the service was working, this was 5 months back, and it looks like at the time a did a simple table to table data copy just so I had test data.

Fast forward 5 months, and I come to write a consumer of the service in .NET, and so I load up PHP My admin, browse to the "Call Log Table" (Obviously Completley forgetting that I'd set up a test db) and set the .NET service to enquire on that days date for data, and hey presto the whole spiral of why is my current data not been seen started...

It does however just go to show that even an old dog like me can sometimes get outsmarted by the stupidest of things...

Don't ya just love development & IT :-D

Thanks for the replys guys...

Now please excuse me while I go and repeatedly punch myself in the side of my head...

Shawty

Messages In This Thread
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error. - by El Forum - 11-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error. - by El Forum - 11-28-2010, 08:23 AM
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error. - by El Forum - 11-28-2010, 01:13 PM
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error. - by El Forum - 11-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Extremely Wierd DATE based database error. - by El Forum - 11-30-2010, 01:58 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB