Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
CI Forum Plugin or Integration

[eluser]Thripshaw[/eluser]
I know this is a well-posted topic but please bare with me...

I've been searching the CI forums and elsewhere to find a simple to integrate basic Forum for my CI website. So far I've had little success locating a solution which fits my requirements.

The website I've already developed in CI has a user registration, login, commenting, rating and feedback system, as well as an admin panel for simple user management. Ideally I do not want to have to change the front end too much as a few hundred users have already signed up and use the current login system.

My site already uses a couple of postgreSQL databases so would like the forum to use the same. Would also like the forums to appear within a view, rather than launching independently post-login.

I've messed with phpBB and got it talking to CI but the system itself is too complex (from a users perspective) for my website, and it launches outside of my CI scope.

Vanilla Forums seems to have been integrated successfully by some users but it uses mySQL and has the same issues as phpBB.

Also read about Dove (which looks awesome, but is yet unfinished).

Can anyone point me in the right direction of any other Forums that they have used successfully?

Thanks in advance!

Messages In This Thread
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 01-16-2011, 07:50 PM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 01-16-2011, 07:57 PM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 01-17-2011, 06:53 PM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 01-25-2011, 06:33 AM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 01-25-2011, 10:19 AM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 02-23-2011, 01:42 AM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 02-23-2011, 06:41 AM
CI Forum Plugin or Integration - by El Forum - 02-23-2011, 07:53 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB