Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
What CI friendly text editor do you use?

(12-05-2014, 07:29 PM)no1youknowz Wrote: Why are people asking for CI friendly?  Haven't you learned PHP?

Are you unable to code from memory that you need shortcuts provided by the editor?

This makes you a poor coder in my opinion.  This limits you from actually learning the API and knowing how to properly code.

I use sublime text 3.  I don't need it to be CI friendly.  Seeing as I use my own classes, frameworks and code with multiple languages.

Well the short answer is - we all use what works for us!

I used to be an old school text editor user with the same view you have. Why use something fancy like an IDE?

In my case, I've got a memory like a sieve these days so I need all the help I can get.
If I have something that reminds me that a parameter I've specified isn't being used, or a variable I'm using may not be getting assigned due to the code execution or I can't remember the return type or parameters ( which I'm sure you have to look up on occasion ) or that a part of the code isn't executable... Or I'm using the wrong variable type as a parameter and on and on...

These things are good to know before you need to "discover" these during debug.

To have something that's performing these checks "live" is something I consider to be "Very useful"!

It's also very good for analysing others code very quickly as I deal with lots of scripts written by those whose PHP skills are not quite up there!

You still have to know how to Program AND use PHP!

Messages In This Thread
RE: What CI friendly text editor do you use? - by Tim Brownlaw - 12-05-2014, 08:13 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB