Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents

[eluser]Phil Sturgeon[/eluser]
[quote author="skfriese" date="1193508340"]If the content is sent to the browser through my CI application from a non-web-accessible folder, will the content be able to make relative requests to other content embedded within itself after it has been launched? My first assumption is that any links within the content to other assets (HTML files, video, etc.) will be broken. This PHP "proxy" method is usually only used when single files need to be shipped to the browser, such as archives, images, etc... Not when, say, full (existing) HTML/Javascript-based learning modules, etc. is the meat of the content you're serving up. I could be wrong, and I'm actually hoping that I am. Can you comment on this? (Thanks again)[/quote]

Have your PHP outside of the webroot, but your assets within easy grasp. This makes perfect sense right, as you lock away your valuables but not the crap you dont mind giving people (in this case images and CSS).

Using something similar to my asset manager you can easily keep tabs on where files are in a dynamic manner. That may be a tad O.T.T for you but is very useful for logical seperation of assets.

Messages In This Thread
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents - by El Forum - 10-26-2007, 01:17 PM
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents - by El Forum - 10-26-2007, 09:32 PM
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents - by El Forum - 10-27-2007, 07:05 AM
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents - by El Forum - 10-27-2007, 03:26 PM
Protecting Web-Accessible Directory and Subcontents - by El Forum - 10-27-2007, 06:40 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB