Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload

[eluser]georgeodowd[/eluser]
[quote author="toopay" date="1311803839"]Why
Code:
$config['encrypt_name'] = false;
present here? Unless you plan to converted file name to a random encrypted string (which i suspect happening right now), that line shouldn't present. Did you have any other config file for this or you just define them in your controller?[/quote]

I am including that line specifically because I noticed the appearance of the anomalous hash files. Note that it is set to FALSE. In the CI user guide, it says this value is set to false by default, but I just wanted to be able to rule it out as a possible suspect by setting it explicitly in my code. Also note that these strange hash files are appearing in addition to the actual image files, which are correctly named. If I set 'encrypt_name' to true, I would expect to see the actual image file renamed, so I think this has to be a different issue.

Yes, this is the only place I am setting config values relating to file uploads.

Messages In This Thread
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-25-2011, 12:45 PM
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 12:04 AM
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 08:15 AM
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 10:57 AM
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 11:39 AM
Extraneous (hash?) files when doing file upload - by El Forum - 07-27-2011, 07:31 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB