Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Open Source CI Framework That Builds Pages From Reusable Components

[eluser]boltsabre[/eluser]
Hey, sorry about the late and short reply, it's getting late here.

It does sound interesting, that's for sure. I hope you keep posting back here on the forum as it develops.

You were correct with my forum setup.
Code:
www.mydomainDOTcom/one_of_many_cities(folder)/forum(controller)/vp(method)
www.mydomainDOTcom/one_of_many_states/forum/post-new-thread
www.mydomainDOTcom/visas/business/forum, etc
And each forum controller is 50 lines of codes, basically just a constructor with my parameters, and methods (calling various library functions).

And you are correct, if something MAJOR needs changing (ie, a new method), they all need updating. But a combination of switch statements and default values mean that if I just need something little for one forum I can pass an extra parameter and use it the library constructor (or method) to define some behavior that will only apply to that forum.

I'm a little curious about your setup, you mentioned that all your parameters are based in the url. If you then need to change something, wont you have to go and hunt down every internal instance of that link in the views and update the url, update the xml sitemap, the html sitemap? What about SEO, and inbound links/404 pages? Now we're getting into the realm of messy .htaccess 301 redirectss/mod rewrite rules flying around everywhere. Or have I missed something here?

Messages In This Thread
Open Source CI Framework That Builds Pages From Reusable Components - by El Forum - 06-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB