Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Codeigniter session sometimes kicking me out after completing call to a third party API

[eluser]Amitabh Roy[/eluser]
It seems even after taking the steps I mentioned in the earlier post, I am still having the same issues. The only thing is it happens later as I have updated the sess_time_to_update to 900 from 300. So whenever the session is regenerated, the data is lost from the session.

So it seems session implementation is a bit flawed int 1.7.2 version of CI. The solutions I have are:
1. to disable refreshing session/disabling the session_id updates
2. Use a different session library instead of the native CI implementation.

The question are:
1. If I want to disable session id updates how do I do that? Will setting sess_time_to_update t0 0 will do the job? Or do I need to hack into the sessions class.

2. I searched around and came across these alternate session implementation for CI.
Native session and Session hybrid
Now my application is a live running application. So I dont want to go through the entire site and replace the session codes. The new session library has to be seamless/drop in replacement for the native CI session, so I don't need to change any codes. Going by my requirements I guess Session Hybrid is the preferred one, though I am not sure it works with CI 1.7.2 though the wiki page says it is for CI 1.7.0.

If anybody has used Session Hybrid in their project or have used some other good session library, I would definitely like to know their recommendation. Thank you.

Messages In This Thread
Codeigniter session sometimes kicking me out after completing call to a third party API - by El Forum - 07-06-2012, 12:39 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB