Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Ion Auth username issue

[eluser]Klausch[/eluser]
Hi,

I am new to this forum and still pretty new to CodeIgniter, so I hope to fond some new knowledge here Smile

We are developing an application which needs a scalable login system and we have chosen Ion Auth because it integrates easily in CodeIgniter.
Ths first test works, but what I find annoying is that there is no input field "login name" while there is a loginname field in the database.
It appears that in the create_user() model method, the username is formed by concatenating the first name and the last name, lowercased and separated by a space:
Code:
$username = strtolower($this->input->post('first_name')) . ' ' . strtolower($this->input->post('last_name'));

While this works, it is not what I wanted. Most Web site use a separate username which is used for logging in and is not bound to the actual first and last name of the user. Besides, a space separated loginname is not very intuitive as a login credential.

Of course the code can be reworked by modifying model and controller functions but I wonder why this is designed this way right now and if people have noticed and mayben even solved this issue before.

Messages In This Thread
Ion Auth username issue - by El Forum - 09-13-2012, 07:07 AM
Ion Auth username issue - by El Forum - 09-13-2012, 08:57 AM
Ion Auth username issue - by El Forum - 09-17-2012, 09:20 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB