Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs

[eluser]php_princess[/eluser]
I've been trying to figure this one out for hours. When I set up a cron job in cpanel, and I set the command to this:
php /home/mywebsitenamehere/public_html/index.php it says it can't find the file. However if I point to any other file in that directory, it does find it (e.g. php /home/mywebsitenamehere/public_html/index2.php it finds)

If I put this, it finds the file, but it doesn't appear to load the controller or the method:
cd /home/mywebsitenamehere/public_html/;
php index.php controllernamehere methodnamehere

I have cpanel emailing me every time it does a cron job and what it sends me is the code you see if you view the source on the home page. If it was really loading the controller, it should go to the page that the controller controls.

I've consulted with CI's manual, my host's knowledge base, and Google. I'm still stuck.

By the way, my webhost lets me use PuTTY. So, if you need me to use it, I can.

Messages In This Thread
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 02-25-2013, 07:16 PM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 03-09-2013, 04:53 AM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 03-11-2013, 11:47 AM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 03-11-2013, 11:03 PM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 03-15-2013, 11:11 AM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 03-19-2013, 07:02 PM
Running Controller Methods with cPanel Cron Jobs - by El Forum - 06-21-2014, 02:34 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB