Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Architecture of a Student Job portal using CodeIgniter

[eluser]Unknown[/eluser]
Folks,

I work at a small vocational university wherein my job is mainly text processing, and writing scripts in Perl/MySQL here and there.

Now the university is planning on implementing an in-house web-based portal which will carry complete student profiles (names, address, marksheets, overall performance during their 2 or 3-yr coursework etc). These profiles will then be made visible to prospective employers (ofcourse with the students permission).

Now I have been assigned this project. I have to comeup with its architecture, budget effort, tools etc. I have never architected an complete web-application before .. but I really wanna nail this as it will be a big step-up for me in my career.

I understand this is a portal similar to match.com or careerbuilder.com. There will be companies logging on on one side and there will be student profiles on the other. These both need to connect.

This is a pilot project and if it goes successful they plan on including other vocational university students. Hence I believe this also needs to be little bit scalable.

So far I have considered using PHP/MySQl and read about few of the frameworks. How doable is this with CodeIgniter ? How do i decided on classes / obejcts etc ?
Are there solutions already out there which i can use and tweak around a little ?

Looking for budget-friendly architecture/framework advice that will help me develop this project in minimum time.

Thank you

Messages In This Thread
Architecture of a Student Job portal using CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 02-27-2013, 03:22 PM
Architecture of a Student Job portal using CodeIgniter - by El Forum - 02-28-2013, 05:32 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB