Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Integrating community features like forum, wiki, user messaging, etc.

[eluser]taewoo[/eluser]
Hi everyone.
I am currently using CI 1.5.4 with FreakAuth Light 1.1.

I am working on including a couple of standard web features, including wiki, forums, user messaging, events, groups, etc. Nothing stupendously mind-blowing.

I did read the Wiki page on integrating Vanilla forum with FreakAuth and also asked about pre-written wiki plugin / module that I can potentially use... but nada.

It seems like what I'm trying to do is something (that I'm pretty certain) that some one must have done in the past. As much as I like CI and open source, I'm also lazy... plus why re-invent the wheel?

What do you guys use as far as getting this community stuff implemented in your sites? Any tips and pointers?

PS: To CI team - why don't you guys integrate Expression Engine with CI a little more easier? Or is there already a page dedicated to this? I wouldn't mind purchasing Expression Engine if I knew there was some sort of time saving benefit to it... (i.e. easy integration with CI and plenty of support and docs)

Messages In This Thread
Integrating community features like forum, wiki, user messaging, etc. - by El Forum - 02-11-2008, 12:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB