Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
languages / code page files

[eluser]jjhii[/eluser]
I added multi-language support to my site which work perfectly on my test system (windows/apache). When I moved it to a Rackspace server it died a thousand deaths. After way too much time I figures out when I saved the message_lang.php file my complier prompted to change code pages which I did. Since the second language is Chinese I can't save with the standard format. I changed to a couple different formats but they all caused the same problem. Note if I put Unicode in the template it is not a problem, this only seems to be a problem if the Unicode is in the code files that run before the main template page.

My impression is when I switch the code page PHP is reading data before the first <?php and sending it to the browser which in turn causes the error because it is before the headers.

I am using the latest version of CodeIgniter (Version 2.1.4).

on of several error messages:
ERROR - 2013-12-10 17:02:16 --&gt; Severity: Warning --&gt; Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at <clip>/web/content/application/language/english/message_lang.php:1) <clip>/web/content/system/libraries/Session.php 675

So has anyone else run into this problem? Maybe I can use a different code page?

The only other thing I can think of is to replace the language lib with something that pulls from the DB and remove the translations from the PHP files.

Thanks in advance...

Messages In This Thread
languages / code page files - by El Forum - 12-10-2013, 05:20 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB