Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question!

[eluser]jleequeen[/eluser]
Hello Everyone,

I'm working on a new project and am trying to decide whether to go with HMVC over MVC. All my previous applications have been done with MVC using my own custom libraries for custom functionality. I understand that in HMVC I can use modules for functionality instead of having to create libraries. I also can see the benefits of using modules to invoke view partials, and widgets, although for this particular project I don't really see the need to have much code reuse in terms of views.

I'm also interested in building modules that can be used in other web applications in the future, but honestly i'm having a hard time seeing how that would work in practice. I would have to keep a base set of modules up to date and share them with my existing applications, but I doubt i'd really want to do that. For the life of me, I just don't think it'd be as easy as slapping modules in from one application to another. Not to mention having to "think" about making modules generic enough to use in other applications.

I guess I just think of each of my websites/applications as custom built, and they take a life of their own. I may use similar libraries or coding practices between them, but they really don't share anything, nor honestly do they need to for the most part.

Anyway, sorry to get long winded, but could I get some thoughts from all of you? To HMVC or not? Am I making a big mistake by not moving to HMVC? I'd be very appreciative to hear of your experiences.

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-26-2014, 05:51 PM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-27-2014, 12:03 PM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-27-2014, 04:15 PM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-28-2014, 07:56 AM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-28-2014, 03:02 PM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-28-2014, 03:03 PM
To HMVC or MVC, that is the question! - by El Forum - 08-28-2014, 11:49 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB