Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems with Codeigniter HMVC on Linux Mint

(This post was last modified: 07-14-2015, 08:39 AM by wolfgang1983.)

(07-13-2015, 09:25 AM)Codin2015 Wrote: I seem to have trouble with hmvc when ever I start a new project. I follow the instructions to do the install of hmvc and I start with a clean or new codeigniter install but I always get  a 404 error page not found on this server. I have even copied a working codeigniter hmvc that was working but when I transfer to another Linux machine I get the same problem. I do not know if I have problem with permissions or something like that on Linux or if it is a codeigniter hmvc routing problem. i sure gets frustrating every time I start a new HMVC and I run into this problem. All thoughts and help greatly appreciated.  

First check all controllers and models have first letter on class and file name as upper case.

Second in routes.php

$route['controller'] = "module/controller/function";

if have not removed index.php in config settings and htaccess on main directory

then url should include the index.php http://localhost/ptoject/index.php/controller

Note the latest HMVC only works on codeigniter 3 versions.
There's only one rule - please don't tell anyone to go and read the manual.  Sometimes the manual just SUCKS!

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems with Codeigniter HMVC on Linux Mint - by wolfgang1983 - 07-14-2015, 08:39 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB