Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Does it matter share host or cloud host?

Hi,

No, it probably would not be mentioned. You just need all the basics, php, database etc. There are not any especially demanding requirements.

As for a large user base for your web app, you should probably using a VPS of some sort, where you can control the amount of RAM allocated to you. I am not a hosting expert but have you tried Amazon, they offer high level services at a great price and are one of the very big boys in hosting.

As for issues, every host has issues and you will hear all sorts of tales of woe from disgruntled people, along side comments about how excellent they are. It seems to me that everyone likes to blame their host when it is not the hosts fault, or blame the host when things do go wrong, or blame the host for things that have nothing to do with the host, but hardly ever give credit when the host is performing perfectly.

It is a bit like electricity supply, we all take it for granted, but one single power cut and we are all up in arms about the end of the world and how could they let this happen.

I have great sympathy for the hosts job. I also think they have come a long way in service and the prices are crazy low these days.

Just make sure that when you build your site, you buid it with moving hosts in mind, so if you have to, it is not a big issue to do so.

Any way, good luck. Let us know who you decide to go with....

Best wishes,

Paul.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Does it matter share host or cloud host? - by PaulD - 10-23-2015, 05:59 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB