Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
regarding URLs / Titles

Hello,

I inherited the task of maintaining a page for a small, niche-market classic car dealership that was done in CI with HTML, CSS layout and a mySQL DB...Not entirely over my head, but I'd be lying if I said I had a lot of previous experience with MVC. Anyow, the site is fairly basic, and is mostly composed of details about each car, and slider photo galleries along with basic inquiry forms.

The dev wrote an Admin panel of sorts that lets you quickly add and subtract vehicles, but it offers very little outside of that in terms of doing any quick customizations and the like.

So, with that, one of the issues I am facing with the site in it's current form is page titles....Currently, each vehicle profile page has a page title like "www.blahblahblah.com/index.php/inventory/detail/69"

This appears to be bad for SEO purposes, so my question is, what would it take to get CI to use the vehicle's title (i.e. 1959 Roll-Royce Phantom) to be used for the URL - like ""www.blahblahblah.com/index.php/inventory/detail/1959-rolls-royce-phantom"

If someone could point me in the direction of help files or guides related to these types of topics I would greatly appreciate it - very very eager to learn, thanks!

I have also been tasked with creating a new website or the same company, and would like to use CI, as there seems to be less overhead than a platform like Wordpress. Thanks again for any help here!

Messages In This Thread
regarding URLs / Titles - by lc317 - 10-28-2015, 10:59 AM
RE: regarding URLs / Titles - by mwhitney - 10-28-2015, 12:57 PM
RE: regarding URLs / Titles - by lc317 - 10-28-2015, 04:01 PM
RE: regarding URLs / Titles - by lc317 - 10-29-2015, 11:26 AM
RE: regarding URLs / Titles - by mwhitney - 10-29-2015, 12:27 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB