Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[split] O-O Forms?

(06-29-2016, 06:11 AM)kilishan Wrote: Then again, I don't see a point in the HTML helpers in general, honestly... I've only ever heard one valid reason (switching CSS frameworks and writing a new class to modify the markup) and that's one that is still a waste of time, unless you've got 1000's of views. So - I might not be the target audience. Smile

Do you mean like the codeigniter form helper? The point of the form helper is so you don't have to mix html code and php code just to make a form field. And it becomes even more helpful when using a css framework like bootstrap because you can easily put / modify the bootstrap code in the form helper. Its a huge timesaver when making large forms. It could be improved by making it a clearer part of codeigniter form validation and set_value().

Otherwise, theres many different ways of creating form fields in a model. Especially with forms that have 3 different potential set values - initially from the database, from a failed form submission, and from the successful database update. I'm continually shocked at how people dismiss new ideas out of hand. I figured out a better way to create form fields in a model because i couldn't give a good answer to someones question on this forum. I realized from that question there had to be a different solution then what i was doing. There is no "best" solution but just consider that some of us are working with limited budgets and no designers helping with the html. So yes if we can figure out a faster way to build huge complex forms that also include the bootstrap css code we need - without having to code any html by hand to do it - its extremely valuable.

Messages In This Thread
[split] O-O Forms? - by Riko - 06-29-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by PaulD - 06-29-2016, 05:19 AM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by kilishan - 06-29-2016, 06:11 AM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by cartalot - 06-29-2016, 01:42 PM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by ivantcholakov - 06-29-2016, 06:36 AM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by kilishan - 06-29-2016, 01:54 PM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by InsiteFX - 06-29-2016, 06:14 PM
RE: [split] O-O Forms? - by kilishan - 06-29-2016, 07:27 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB