Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Opinion: Template Engine Integration RIP?

There are many template engines, but as good choices I would recommend those that have at least PHP and JavaScript implementations. A possibility a same template to be rendered on the server side and on the browser side is likely to be more demanded in the future, I think. I noticed at least one promising JavaScript framework that uses Handlebars for example. Good choice, DMyers. Maybe it would be a good idea the "custom" CodeIgniter parser to be replaced by Handlebars.

So, with this additional condition (PHP + JavaScript) the set of interesting engines narrows:

Twig - it has JavaScript implementations, maybe not mature enough, but this is a matter of time.
Handlebars
Mustache - there are native engines, also the syntax is likely possible to be handled by Handelbars engine that is set in compatibility mode.

If there are "official" adapters for these three engines that would be enough work done by the CI team. Other engines would be kind of exotic.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Opinion: Template Engine Integration RIP? - by ivantcholakov - 07-20-2016, 10:10 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB