Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
[Solved] Codeigniter: Load Library in a Core Class
Question 
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2016, 01:12 AM by SirGecco.)

Hey everbody!

I want to extend the /system/core/Log.php library with a couple of functions. One function should send a mail in case of an error via the custom function sendMail() which is part of the Custom_library.php.

Thus, I created the file /application/core/MY_Log.php

PHP Code:
class MY_Log extends CI_Log {

public function __construct()

{

parent::__construct();

}

public function write_log($level$msg)

{

$result parent::write_log($level$msg);

return $result;

}

The problem: I'm not able to load the Custom_library.php. None of these approaches worked:

PHP Code:
//approach 1    
$this->load->library('Custom_library');

//approach 2  
$CI =& get_instance();
$CI->load->library('Custom_library'); 

Error message of the approach 2:
Code:
Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Class 'CI_Controller' not found in /home/gp/public_html/system/core/CodeIgniter.php:366 Stack trace: #0 /home/gp/public_html/application/core/MY_Log.php(13): get_instance() #1 /home/gp/public_html/system/core/Common.php(478): MY_Log->write_log('error', 'Severity: error...') #2 /home/gp/public_html/system/core/Exceptions.php(105): log_message('error', 'Severity: error...') #3 /home/gp/public_html/system/core/Common.php(662): CI_Exceptions->log_exception('error', 'Exception: Clas...', '/home/gp/public...', 366) #4 [internal function]: _exception_handler(Object(Error)) #5 {main} thrown in /home/gp/public_html/system/core/CodeIgniter.php on line 366

The question: Is it possible to load and utilize a Library in a Core Class?

Merci!

Messages In This Thread
[Solved] Codeigniter: Load Library in a Core Class - by SirGecco - 10-31-2016, 02:40 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB