Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Managing Static Content with CodeIgniter

(This post was last modified: 11-01-2016, 02:09 PM by Neo.)

(11-01-2016, 01:38 PM)PaulD Wrote: There is no such solution to every situation. On some sites I code my own admin screens within CI to allow users to add content in a very conformal and constrained manner (usually to stop them adding the stupid things that they would try to add if given a full blown editor or CMS), on other sites I simply integrate an alternative CMS like wordpress or ModX, on other sites I give them the ability to add HTML, on some sites I give them the ability to modify database tables directly.

It all depends on entirley on the situation, the demands of your users, the scope of the build, the required editing scope, the nature of the need, the problem you are trying to solve. There is no single library (apart from the much needed CI5 mind reader interface http://forum.codeigniter.com/thread-6484...hlight=CI5) that will do this for you. Assess the needs of the site/users/budget/scope and implement a solution that fits (which may or may not be a pure CI solution).

Best wishes,

Paul

@paul, you are mentioning a couple of interesting ideas.

I had thought about using WordPress (for the marketing side) with CI (for the app). Not sure though how to integrate this. I usually build websites with the ProcessWire-CMS, which is great, because it does not restrict you on the front-end like WordPress and easily allows you to implement custom designs.

I guess the tricky part begins, when you try to call dynamic data from CI within your CMS on a static page. Also not sure how to organize routing to avoid system conflicts.

For this particular situation, I just need a couple of restrictive text-fields per page without any html-features.  

Will have to investigate this further...  Smile

Messages In This Thread
Managing Static Content with CodeIgniter - by Neo - 11-01-2016, 09:03 AM
RE: Managing Static Content with CodeIgniter - by Neo - 11-01-2016, 02:05 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB