Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Parser extras

(10-31-2017, 07:43 PM)dmyers Wrote: Sounds like you are looking for something like

https://github.com/pyrocms/lex

Cheers!

Thanks for the suggestion, in my previous CMS I used Lex with CI 3, but it was abandoned years ago and nobody forked it to continue the development.

(10-31-2017, 08:11 PM)kilishan Wrote: So - there is some Lex in there Smile

Yes I know about it, it was discussed in the forum maybe a year ago. Smile

(10-31-2017, 08:11 PM)kilishan Wrote: Not sure what  you mean by "collections", unless you're referring to something like Laravel's collection class, in which case the answer is no. Especially since CodeIgniter doesn't provide any standardized Collection type class. However, if you're using Laravel's, you can simply use a ->toArray() on the collection. Smile
As collection I meant two concepts in one: The first is simple php array of objects and the second is iteratable objects. I am not using Laravel, I dont like it since L4. But ok I understand, I have to use arrays. Smile

(10-31-2017, 08:11 PM)kilishan Wrote: For your specific example, there's no reason that postsPerPage couldn't be a system setting that the plugin could access, either from a Config file or the database, though.
That is not possible since, I would like to use the same plugin for 3 different places for 3 different postscounts, but then I can hardcode the number to the template. xD
But the hardcoding is only a solution for this specific case.

(10-31-2017, 08:11 PM)kilishan Wrote: If you're more comfortable with Lex, then you should use Lex, or contribute to CodeIgniter and help improve the current Parser. Smile

Huge thanks for your time to answer me and of couse for CI4. I am not too familiar with regexps and template parsing so I cannot rlly help with it. Also there is a real project ahead when I would like to use CI4 but before that I should port over lots of stuff from my CMS and/or find replacements (Assets, Phil's Template layout lib, Ben's Ion auth, old Sparks xD etc...). So I should search for a different parser too or stuck with the old Lex for the time being and replace it later but I dont like the idea to use it further especially in a new project...

Messages In This Thread
Parser extras - by orionstar - 10-31-2017, 06:35 PM
RE: Parser extras - by dmyers - 10-31-2017, 07:43 PM
RE: Parser extras - by kilishan - 10-31-2017, 08:11 PM
RE: Parser extras - by orionstar - 10-31-2017, 09:00 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB