Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Why Codeigniter is better than laravel?

(This post was last modified: 08-02-2018, 12:40 PM by skunkbad.)

I like CI because using it mostly stays the same over the years. That hasn't been my experience with Laravel. I can't just create a Laravel app and come back in 2 years and expect to upgrade easily. If I had started a CI app 2 years ago and needed to upgrade to CI 3.1.9 (current version), it probably would work with little or no changes to my code.

I also expect my app to reside in directories like CodeIgniter's directory structure. I don't like the way Laravel has organized my app for me. I don't like where they think controllers go. I don't like where they think views go.

I'm actually 100% okay with the idea that CodeIgniter will route to a controller/method all on its own, without specifically declaring a route. I understand the benefit of route declaration the way Laravel does it, but given the choice I'd choose CodeIgniter's routing style.

I personally prefer Lumen, even though it's assumed it should only be used for APIs. This is the main drawback for using Lumen or Laravel, that they assume too much. To me it feels like a framework for people that need help making decisions, and I like to do things my own way. Why there is Lumen says a lot about what's wrong with Laravel.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why Codeigniter is better than laravel? - by skunkbad - 08-02-2018, 12:20 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB