Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
I need some help converting this class to CI's Calendar class :( willing to pay.

[eluser]Kinsbane[/eluser]
[quote author="bradym" date="1207438185"]Is there a reason you don't want to just continue using the same code? There's no reason you can't use outside classes within CodeIgniter.

I usually create a helper or plugin that just has include('class.php') then I build functions for the tasks I'm using the class for.

In your case, build a function that takes the appropriate parameters to display the calendar and returns the html for the calendar. Then in your view just call the helper function.

Does that help any? Or is it clear as mud?

Brady[/quote]

I don't want to because there's a second part of the calendar class that I didn't include (because I want to get rid of it) that involves handling forms, and manages the actual data input.

I don't want to do that anymore. I'd much rather have the calendar display stuff integrated into CI's calendar and then build the management side of it (insert, update, delete events) into a separate controller/model.

A lot of the events are also driven by requests, which the event gets added to the database once the event is approved by upper management. Which will also be a separate system, but will all tie into the same database and tables.

Messages In This Thread
I need some help converting this class to CI's Calendar class :( willing to pay. - by El Forum - 04-07-2008, 03:17 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB