Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Problems moving site to another domain

(This post was last modified: 09-07-2019, 05:41 PM by pantheonride.)

(09-06-2019, 02:14 PM)dave friend Wrote:
(09-06-2019, 09:50 AM)pantheonride Wrote: I tried that and the blank screen started as soon as i included the first line from original script

This is why I suggested replacing the main index.php file with a new copy from source download.

A blank screen is a common outcome when there is a byte-order mark (BOM) at the start of a .php file.
A fresh, clean file is often the easiest way to fix a bad file.
Make sure you are using UTF8 encoding for your script files.

After replacing it with a fresh copy, the blank screen appears. From database.php it shows 'char_set' => 'utf8', is that correct?

(09-06-2019, 07:21 PM)John_Betong Wrote: > I tried that and the blank screen started as soon as i included the first line from original script
> define('ENVIRONMENT', isset($_SERVER['CI_ENV']) ? $_SERVER['CI_ENV'] : 'development');
> does that mean there is something wrong ith the server? should i contact my server and heck if they are compatible with codeigniter?

Try leaving the debug script in  place except for die;

Paste the recommended index.php source and do not change anything except  remove the inserted <?php line

Error messages should appear stating invalid system and application paths.

Please supply the full index.php script so other users can test on their local computers.

Sorry but I am a bit confused. Do you mean placing these lines in the original script 1 by 1 line at a time and checking for errors?

declare(strict_types=1);
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', '1');
echo __line__;

The blank screen appears when the line "declare(strict_types=1);" is included

<?php
define('ENVIRONMENT', isset($_SERVER['CI_ENV']) ? $_SERVER['CI_ENV'] : 'development');

switch (ENVIRONMENT)
{
case 'development':
declare(strict_types=1);
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
echo __line__; die;

but when I remove the line "declare(strict_types=1);" as below, the correct line number is displayed

<?php
define('ENVIRONMENT', isset($_SERVER['CI_ENV']) ? $_SERVER['CI_ENV'] : 'development');

switch (ENVIRONMENT)
{
case 'development':
error_reporting(-1);
ini_set('display_errors', 1);
echo __line__; die;

Does it mean anything or is it normal?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Problems moving site to another domain - by pantheonride - 09-07-2019, 05:07 PM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB