Welcome Guest, Not a member yet? Register   Sign In
Updating my Codeigniter to the latest version with gaps in between

(This post was last modified: 10-17-2019, 06:52 AM by dweenator.)

(10-15-2019, 04:44 PM)dave friend Wrote: You should be able to replace the system directory in your current setup with the 3.1.11 version.

Then go to this page and hit the "Next" button until you get back to the version you are replacing. (Yes, the Next button. I guess they mean the next oldest.)

You've already done Step 1 of all of these. Just do the other tasks on your way back to the latest.

Some only have a Step 1. You'll see the instruction: Step 2: Replace config/mimes.php on the Upgrading from 3.1.8 to 3.1.9 page. You can ignore that one because 3.1.11 also has a new mime.php file.

All told, there are only two or three "other" things to do between 3.1.3 and 3.1.11.

There shouldn't be a problem for me if i were to just directly upgrade from 3.1.5 to 3.1.11 right? since files gets updated per successive version so it doesn't really matter if i were to just directly jump to the latest version than to go from 3.1.5 to 3.1.6 until 3.1.11?

Or is it safer/faster for me to just transfer all my files(controller/models/views/assets(js,css,images) from my 3.1.5 version to a newly downloaded 3.1.11 codeigniter version. As i have stated, i dont really have any third party libraries or helpers i used nor have i done any changes to the system files of codeigniter.

P.S. i just noticed that i didn't ask this question within the appropriate sub-forum category. My bad, apologies.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Updating my Codeigniter to the latest version with gaps in between - by dweenator - 10-17-2019, 06:49 AM

Theme © iAndrew 2016 - Forum software by © MyBB